The use of drones in mining has taken off in recent years. Companies have long understood the potential of these devices in the mines for many applications. In fact, mining operators across North America, Africa, Australia, and France have used drones in some capacity since 2014.
Now, modern technology takes these capabilities even further. Many mines across the world benefit from drone operators across their land and quarries. More will soon see the potential of underground drones in tunnels.
What roles allow these drones to become such an essential part of mining these days?
- The ability to explore further in a given landscape and survey for new opportunities.
- The ability to monitor stockpiles of materials and determine quantities
- The ability to work on environmental management
- The ability to survey for damage and faults in dangerous areas.
- Collecting information on